History

The history of JSC "ViTra-S" reaches 1950, when the Lithuanian railway infrastructure was being rebuilt after the war. In 1950, construction and installation train No. 108, which was under the supervision of the then Ministry of Transport Construction, was established in Vilnius.

Since then a number of larger and smaller objects were built and reconstructed: Vaidotai Railway Station, Kena Railway Station, Stasylos Railway Station, access railway roads to Mažeikiai Oil Refinery, electrified section Vilnius–Kaunas, etc.

In 1990, when Lithuania regained its independence, according to the construction and installation train No. 108, a public limited liability company "ViTra-S" was established and later reorganized into JSC "ViTraS".

In 2004, a quality management system, complying with the LST EN ISO 9001:2001 standard requirements, was implemented.

In 2007, AB Lietuvos Geležinkeliai nominated JSC "ViTra-S" as the best construction-contractor company of 2007.

In 2008, the company was restructured to JSC "Vitras-S".

In 2010, an environmental management system, complying with the LST EN ISO 14001:2004 standard requirements, was implemented.

In 2010, an occupational safety and health management system, complying with the LST 1977:2008 (BS OHSAS 18001:2007) standard requirements, was implemented.

On 15 July 2014, controlling shares were acquired by an Estonian capital company AS "Skinest Rail".

Since July of 2014, the company carries out its activities as member of the "Skinest Rail" company group.

From June of 2020, a controlling stake was acquired by the holding company UAB R-Hold.

Partners
Peržiūrai būtinas Flash Player 9